Please consult with the current Rules (?) some things have been pre-approved and require no additional ACC approval.
You must obtain approval for any repairs, decorations, modifications or improvements PRIOR to the commencement of any work. There are two steps:
- Download the ACC Improvement Request Form and complete it.
- Then, submit all required paperwork including any documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please make sure that you include all information with your request, or your application may be delayed or automatically denied. Required information includes:
- Your completed, signed and dated ACC Improvement Request Form. The only ones who can submit an ACC request are Members of the Association (Owners). For corporate/partnership Members, please ensure an officer of the corporation or general partner signs.
- For corporate/partnership owner applications, please submit documentation demonstrating the officer’s or general partner’s authority to sign on behalf of the submitting entity.
- Please include any material lists, specifications, plans and contractor information.
- Please submit a copy of your survey/ plot diagram (provided at closing by title company) showing the location of the proposed improvement.
Frequently Asked Questions
I submitted my application, but I haven’t had an update. How long should I wait before I inquire?
You may inquire any time, but if you submitted an application recently, please understand that the committee has up to sixty (60) days to render a decision. One thing that you can do to speed up the process is to make sure that you respond quickly to any questions or requests for additional information/ documents.
Is it true that I need to submit an ACC Improvement Request form for anything that I change on the exterior of my home?
It depends. All changes to the exterior require approval. Some decisions are pre-approved and do not require additional ACC approval, so long as you meet the conditions of the pre-approval. Everything else that is either placed, installed or constructed outside requires ACC approval.
Approved by the Board of Directors: April 1, 2018.
Updated: June 1, 2018.